Nominee executive manager service for Japanese GK companies.
A Japanese LLC GK godo kaisha company must have a representative resident in Japan, usually referred to as the executive manager, of its managing member.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Japanese company management.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Enables enforceable corporate governance.
- Avoids the need to make an inexperienced employee legally responsible for your Japanese company.
- The relationship can be ended at any time, without cause or damaging legal conflict, simply by giving 30-days notice.
- Cost-effective monthly fees.
- Supported by a full range of bilingual Japanese business support services.
Many companies appoint one of the GK’s employees as its executive manager, but such an appointment can carry significant risks. The executive manager can irrevocably bind the GK company to unauthorized loans, leases, contracts, and other major transactions, and has unlimited access and control over the GK’s bank-accounts. Among less obvious risks, an inexperienced executive manager of a Japanese GK godo kaisha company might inadvertently bind the company to potentially undesirable and expensive labor practices and expenses, or might expose the company to damaging tax-audits and penalties if he or she does not sufficiently understand corporate financial transactions.
If your company is fortunate to have a stable and trustworthy employee with experience and knowledge of Japanese corporate law, and if your corporate governance allows, then appoint him or her as the GK company’s executive manager. If not, or if your corporate governance forbids appointing local employees to Board-level positions, then using an independent professional arm’s-length nominee executive manager service might be safest.