How to Start a Recruitment Agency in Tokyo, Osaka, or elsewhere in Japan
The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare’s minimum requirements for a recruitment license are:
- Completed application form.
- Company (must be a Japanese KK or GK company or Japanese branch-office of a foreign company):
- Articles of Incorporation (which must include a business purpose specifically for recruitment).
- Company certificate.
- Copy of most recent tax-return (not required for a new company with no financial history).
- Lease agreement and floor plan for each office at which the recruitment agency will operate (there is no minimum office size, but it must not be a virtual office).
- Each director’s Japanese residence certificate.
- Each director’s resume.
- Proof of Assets:
- Net asset value must be more than JPY5,000,000 (JPY5,000,000 paid-in capital for a new company in its first financial year).
- Cash at the bank must be more than JPY1,500,000 plus JPY600,000 for each additional office at which the recruitment agency will operate.
- Recruitment Business Manager:
- His or her resume.
- His or her Japanese residence certificate.
- Certificate proving she or he has attended a government-approved recruitment business management seminar within the past 3 years.